When my sister told me about Hilary Weeks adaption of 'my favorite things' that extolls the joy of "naptime and bedtime and naptime and bedtime", I laughed about it for weeks.. and still do. I love my kids, but boy I love naptime and bedtime! but i also hate them. Grace takes two naps a day, one at around 10 am, and another around 2 pm. When she's up inbetween, it's around lunch and we're all eating, then I feed her. So there's not much time during the day to go get anything done, as she needs to go down no later than 2:30 to get in a nap begore we go pick Reese up from the bus stop. This is also the opposite schedule of ALL the other stay-at-home moms I know, so we can never get together to do anything.
Cameron stopped taking naps a little while before Grace was born (great timing). He actually will take naps quite often if I let him... in fact he's wrapping himself up in his blanket right now. But this is not a good thing... if he naps for as little as 15 min., he's up till 10, 10:30, or even MIDNIGHT last night! I can find the silver lining in his naps much easier than RD can; I get some free time! And I hate having to try to keep him up, it's a pain, and he's grumpy and irritable.
I love naps.
I hate naps.
I want to take a nap.
Monday, November 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I'm a complete fan of naps. I even make Nathan stay in bed for an hour if he stays awake the whole time. I need a sanity break!
But its hard to plan around naps--I get that, too. Especially Sunday--no church schedule works for kids' naps.
Thanks for your concern for Naomi. We will be taking her into a Sports Medicine Dr. here soon and hopefully receive some answers. She's still in some pain. We're excited to see you guys!
That's awesome about the hearing aids for Reese. I'm kind of in a situation with Eli and sleeping. I had trouble getting into a routine when he was first born so now I'm trying to establish one and to let him learn to self sooth. I look at what they say to do with a little heart breaking because I love rocking him and haven't really cared if he fell asleep or not. Anyway, love you guys.
Post a Comment