

Halloween night was the BYU football team's fireside at our stake center, so I knew the boys wouldn't really get to trick-or-treat. Fort Collins has this Tiny Tots halloween celebration in "Old Town" ft. collins, where children can go around and trick-or-treat at the stores.

Reese had the day off from school, and it started at 10 am. It ended up being a late morning, and it was almost ten. i thought about not telling them about it, but i didn't want them to totally miss halloween, so i asked them if they wanted to go... is there ever a question about whether to go get free candy for a five and three year old? We rushed around (me trying to get stuff done, kids wandering looking for something or whining about something irrelevant) got costumes on, pack in the van, and headed down to look for a parking spot... I wasn't sure where exactly this was taking place, so grabbed the first one that was somewhat close to my approximation of Old Town, put Grace in the pack and followed the other little princesses, super heroes and goblins to the party. Turns out I didn't have much of a clue about Old Town, it's really neat and much bigger than I'd known (sorry Mom and Dad!) It was busy but not too bad for the first half hour, we got there around 10:30. Then it just became tedious, waiting in a creeping line for a piece of gum or a dum dum..... dumb, dumb. So we went against the line, got a little bit more, and then headed back to the van. I'd forgotten where I parked, so it took us about 40 minutes from when we decided to go and when we reached the van. The boys thought it was awesome though, and they actually ended up with a pretty good load in their bags. Yes! (i mean, i haven't snuck any.. Reese offered it:))

The kids in their costumes that night... Grace could use a tiara, but you know, it just didn't happen. Without last year's costumes and Seth and Wendy lending us one costumes may not have happened at all. They hit a few houses right before the BYU fireside when we got there with lots of spare time, but that's another blog...
1 comment:
What do yo mean, you haven't snitched their candy? I bet RD has...
Post a Comment