Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Headbands!


Robyn asked about these, and I thought it'd be a good chance to get some ideas from other people. I've been trying to make headbands for Grace, but have been doing it ad-hoc and could use some help. I've looked for some elastic lace at walmart and joann and micheal's and have not found any, so I've used the cheap knee-highs form walmart for the bands. The best flowers I've found have been in the scrapbooking section, but come in a many pack that requries many dollars, so i've just gotten fake flowers from thrift stores. daisy kinds work better cause they lay fairly flat. I've used buttons so far, but am trying out some beads too. This one I also used some pink ribbon to make a flower shape.This bottom one was accidentally washed in the laundry, and the glued-on flower was destroyed, so I replaced it. Hence using buttons and sewing the bands together instead of hot-gluing.. i want to be able to wash these.


So, any help or ideas? I'd really like to find some of the lace, anyone seen it? what about the little plastic circles with a dividing line so I can make adjustable ones? anyway, it's fun to dress her up. I should have had her pose with all of these instead.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

Those are adorable--great idea to use the tights! Maybe I'll try using the girls' old ones. I found instructions for making fabric ones--probably best for bigger kids, but I'll let you know how it goes.

beccabo said...

cute debbie! How fun!