Grace is five months old today! Wow! We think she is so fun and cute, Reese especially loves to take care of her. She's quite a laid-back gal so far, but then we haven't hit teething yet. I worry a lot about talking/singing/using phrases enough to help her avoid delays in language. I don't innately talk a lot (anyone who disagrees please tell RD!) so it's hard and is something I always have to think about. It's especially hard when most days I feel I'm just trying to direct the chaos enough to have us all survive, apt. intact. I work stuff into our routine, and whenever I play with her, but usually worry, 'is it enough?'.
Anyway, there have been a couple exciting developments! Grace is learning to locate sounds, and will often turn her head the appropriate direction responding only to voices! And I think she may be learning her name! And, several days ago, I was playing with her, singing a rhyme/song while bouncing her on my knees. When I say "let's fly, whee!!!" I lift her up at whee. Well, after doing it three or four times, her body totally tensed , preparing for the lift, when I said 'let's fly'!!!!!! I was SO excited! Sounds are becoming meaningful for her!! Yeah!!! It really is amazing how we learn to hear and talk, it's so complicated but it was so easy for Cameron. The more I learn about it to help Grace and Reese, the more I"m amazed by how much and how fast these kids grow. What an evidence that we are created by God in His image!
3 comments:
Happy five months to grace!! So glad she is recognizing sounds.
What exciting news! Happy five months beautiful Grace!
That's so great! Its hard to sign to babies or do speech games when you don't get any response. Keep it up--its definitely worth it! She's so fortunate that hearing aids work for her.
Post a Comment