Thursday, May 1, 2008

I hate going to the doctors.

Maybe someone can explain why pediatrician visists take so long. Grace had a cold for a week and then had a fever and became inconsolable, so we..no I, took her to the doctor last thursday. We spent two and a half hours waiting at the doctor, then at the outpatient lab doing bloodwork, then back at the doctors for an anitbiotic shot (she had an ear infection). Then I had to come back the next day and spend another two hours waiting to get another antibiotic shot and hear "come back monday". monday I had a migraine, so tuesday we went in for another hour 1/2 with cameron. her ear was not infected but still had a lot of fluid,and she is still congested, so I have to bring her in AGAIN on monday if she's not better. I am so grateful we have a doctor to go to, and that she doesn't have a scary virus like they were worried about, but WHY does it take hours for this process?? Argh. I was telling my woes to my neighbor, and she said she didn't have to wait at hers.... my first thought was I"m going to this doctor, and my second was, why in the world can't every office do this? I just wanted to vent my gripe. Lucky me, I have another appt. in two weeks for checkups for Grace and Cameron.... shots for everyone, sounds like a great day. Anyway...

1 comment:

Robyn said...

I totally agree! I spend so much time at doctor's offices that I'm starting to be choosy. I want a doctor who respects my time.
Glad she's doing better!